Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Vivace

Located on “the hill” in Seattle, this little coffee joint of Italian flair was very welcoming and European. Being that my motorcycle is Italian, it didn’t have a hard time finding the way to these superb beans. There are 2 places to find Vivace in Seattle, this place on the hill and an espresso stand (which is apperantly a motorcycle haven) nearby. When I walked in the aroma was a splendid sensation and since it was the morning rush, I patiently took a place in line with the local regulars and silently observed the skill of the baristas behind the counter. As I looked around, it was obvious that everything is roasted in house and the owner pays attention to detail; even the tables and counters were marble. There was a smoking section and I was asked if it was dine in/out. I purchased a pound of their espresso beans (to be used when I can afford my own espresso machine) and my standard mocha latte.

It was quite the drink, probably among the best that has even gone down my throat. Everything about it was subtle and quality. Excellent espresso taste, not too much chocolate or milk, perfect foam (and they even left a design in it) 4.7 beans

No comments: