Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Old Town café

This was a great little café in the old town section of Nampa, ID. For those of you who haven’t heard of Nampa, well it’s about 15 miles outside of Boise and is better known for its secret network of underground tunnels and local ghosts from its stagecoach days. This little establishment is run jointly with an antiques shop and offers a selection of various sandwhiches and homemade soups daily. On my first visit I tried one of their sandwhices and a mocha latte of course. It is locally owned place, and upon talking with the owner it turns out that he decided to open the place to keep himself out of trouble (and boredom) during retirement. He told me about some of the challenges of small business (I’m always looking for tips on my future coffee shop) and about some of his discoveries is nuclear time travel. Ok, well it wasn’t time travel but more along the lines of some ideas for his soup recipes. I returned later that week on Sat. morning and tried some of the chili and cornbread afterwhich I promptly made a beeline for the local farmers market down the street. Cool farmers market, small, but I bought 7 cinnamon pecan buns for the band (they were the best I’ve ever had in my life!.....the people must be fellow amish folk) and some fresh honey.

A rather average espresso drink; a little too much chocolate flavor. There was no foam present, ‘twas served in a “to go” cup. 2.9 beans

No comments: