Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Leaf & Bean

While in Bozeman I had the opportunity to try out a couple of the local places. While stopping at the local AAA I noticed this place from across the parking lot. I ventured in and was greeted my 2 smiling faces behind the counter. Since it was around lunch time, I ordered my usual mocha latte and some food. Now, it’s been a while since we were in Montana and I visited this place, so the memory is a little foggy on specifics, but I do remember having a good impression of this place. It was medium-sized with some comfy chairs, regular bistro style chairs and tables. There was local art on the walls and the place had a lot of natural wood that allowed it to fit in with the sophisticated rustic look that is most of Bozeman. One thing to note (that I’ve never before seen in a coffee establishment) is their chidren’s room. A room set aside with little books, toys, and such that children would dig. All of this and free wi-fi created a space for their varied clientel I noticed that day; the mom escaping the house with her baby for the afternoon, the college student studying for that looming paper, and the business types hovered in conversation over a working lunch. All in all a great place, visit it and drink some coffee while you’re there.

No comments: